Get excited because we’ve gotten a Canada Summer Student Grant to hire an Events Coordinator! Please see the below for details:
Events Coordinator – Low Income Families Together
Start Date: June 18th for 7 weeks, 30 hours/wk
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to run our Summer Events. This position supports the St. James Town Community Co-operative and OASIS Food Hub focused on climate resilient food, water, and waste solutions in a high-rise and predominantly newcomer downtown community. The events you will be coordinating support the development of an innovative food hub, and engage community members in healthy food and farms.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter To: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4th.
– Coordinate in-community (St. James Town) and off-site events including farm tours, picnics, and community consultations
– Be present for all events, including some weekend and evening events
– Work with Community Engagement Staff and Volunteers to plan outreach and outreach materials (flyers)
– Work well with a team
– Self-motivated, good at independent tasks
– Communication skills
– Event management
– Coordinating teams and volunteers
– Multiple languages is an advantage
– Prefer candidates with a passion for, and experience in, climate change resilient food systems and/or human rights and community building
– This is a Canada Summer Job – you must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident between 16-29 years old
– This position is only open to current post-secondary or graduate students (meaning you have finished your Winter/Spring semester and are planning on returning to school in September).
– Preference to St. James Town residents
– Must have experience in event coordination
– Must have experience working with diverse communities