Chef: Erica Podlowski
Prep Time: 15 min + overnight
Total Time: 15 min + overnight
1 cup sprouted buckwheat (substitute sprout rice, quinoa, wheat berry)
1 cup milk or alternative (try coconut milk, nut milk, soy…)
2-4 Tablespoons chia seeds (more for a thicker consistency)
1/2 cup yogurt (optional)
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ginger, pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Prepare your sprouts. Kasha takes about 3 days to mature. Make sure you rinse Kasha grain very well! You can use any other variety of sprouts mentioned above. Have fun and be creative!
- To a medium sealable container, add sprouts, milk, chia seeds, salt yogurt and spices (if using)
- Stir well to combine, seal and place in the refrigerator or cool place overnight
- In the morning, give it one more stir and it’s ready to eat!
- Top with fresh or dried fruit, nuts, seeds, nut or seed butter, honey for a sweet or scramble eggs, tofu, cheese, vegetables for a savoury. The options are endless!