Chef: Erica Polowski
Serves: 12 slices
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hours 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and 1 cup of water. Allow to rest for 20 minutes to form a gel.
- In a mixing bowl combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt 2/3 cup water and canola oil. Add the chia gel and mix just to combine; do not overmix! Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and smooth out evening. The mixture will be quite sticky. Sprinkle sunflower seeds if desired and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the loaf pan. Slice and enjoy!