Chef: Erin Bodashefsky
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup sumac berries (about 3 bunches)
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar, honey, maple syrup (optional)
- 4 cups water
- Pick your sumac berries in bunches. Do not rinse them off as this will remove some of the malic acid contained on them. Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot.
- Remove the water from the heat and add the sumac. Muddle if desired. Let the sumac seep in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pot through a fine seive or coffee filter. Add sweetener if desired. Chill and Enjoy!