Chef: Sakshi from Flavours from our Neighbours
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 pound goat
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamon pod
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 2-5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, separated
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1 Tablespoon Degi Mirch
- 2 Tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook goat with water, bay leaf, cardamom, peppercorns, clove and salt (1 teaspoon) until it’s fully cooked. Separate the cooked goat from the water. Leave the water which is now the goat broth in the pressure cooker.
- In a separate pan put oil and saute the ginger until golden brown. Now add the cooked goat to this pan. Add the garam masala, degi mirch, coriander powder and salt. Saute the goat for 5 minutes in oil and spices. Turn off the flame. Cover and let it rest.
- Cook the rice in the goat broth in the same pressure cooker in which you cooked the goat.It should take around 10 minutes on high flame.
- Mix the goat and the rice together. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander and enjoy!
- Don’t worry if you do not have a pressure cooker. You can also make this recipe in a pan or pot. You just have to change the quantity of water. Instead of 1 and half cups use 3 cups of water.