Chef: Deeksha Gupta from Flavours from our Neighbours
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablsepoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, salt, pepper
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1/4 cup each chopped fresh basil and parsley (or all parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated.
- 3 cups white sauce.
- 15 lasagna noodles about 10 oz. /300 g.
- 1lb firm tofu 1 Lb.
- In large pan, heat oil over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red peppers, green pepper, mushroom, oregano, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with back of spoon; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, Stir in basil and parsley.
- In a separate, pan sauté the spinach for 2-3 minutes.
- Now mix the spinach with white sauce. Add salt, pepper and oregano.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until almost tender, 6 minutes. Drain and transfer to cold water. Drain again.
- Grease the pan with butter. Arrange one-third of the noodles in single layer in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Cover with 1 cup (250 mL) of the vegetable sauce.
- Top with one thin layer of tofu. Cover with one layer of white sauce and spread some cheese. Cover again with lasagna noodles. Repeat layers once.
- Top with remaining noodles; spread with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil; bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.