Chef: Erica Polowski
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or alternative
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- To make the crÍpe batter: Combine all the ingredients (except water) in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Cover the batter and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to make crÍpes, thin the batter with water, using less water for thicker crÍpes and more water for thinner ones.
- Preheat a crÍpe pan or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter, oil, or pan spray, then pour in enough batter to thinly coat the bottom of the pan; swirling the pan as you pour the batter will help ensure an even coating.
- Cook the crÍpe for 1 to 2 minutes on the first side, until it’s golden and lifts from the pan easily. Flip it over and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer cooked crÍpes to a plate, stacking them on top of one another, and keeping a towel over them. Fill as desired and serve warm.