Chef: Erica Podlowski
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes + 2-3 days for sprouting
- 1 cup raw rice, soaked for 2-3 days
- 2 cups mixed vegetables of choice, fresh or dried fruit
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup fresh herbs (parsley, mint, basil, cilantro…)
- 2 green onions or 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 ˝ Tablespoons ginger, minced
- pinch of salt to taste
- Rinse rice well and place in a glass jar or bowl with fresh, pure water. Let soak outside of the fridge overnight. In the morning drain and rinse the rice, then cover with fresh water and put in the fridge. Drain and rinse the rice at least twice per day for 2-3 days until the rice has “bloomed” – some or all of the grains will have split open, and it should be tender to eat.
- Once you have sprouted the rice, drain and rinse and place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together, then pour half over the rice and fold to coat.
- Prepare your chosen vegetables by peeling, slicing, dicing, shaving… and place in the bowl with rice and remaining ingredients. Pour the rest of the dressing over and toss.