Chef: Erica Podlowski
Serves: 12 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (light preferred)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the buckwheat flour, sugar, oil, water, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Then add in the vinegar, which will react with the baking soda to help the cookies rise a bit.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into 12 mounds spaced evenly apart on the lined baking sheet. Flatten each cookie with your hands, as these cookies will only spread slightly. Bake until the edges are firm, about 10 minutes at 350ºF. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.