Chef: Kelly Lucas from Full Moon Apothecary
Serves: 2 cups of syrup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of plant/herb of choice (elderberry, cedar, pine, lilac, mint, basil are all popular additions)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil. Make sure the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add plant/herb of choice to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit until the desired flavor is reached (this requires lots of taste testing)
- Strain plant material from the liquid.
- Store syrup in the fridge for up to a month